Wednesday, February 8, 2017

My Amazing, Loving, Fun Family

My Amazing, Loving, Fun Family


Everyone has people in their lives that they cannot live without. Whether it is their intelligent best friend, their loving boyfriend, or their fashionable sister, these people are what make life more enjoyable. To me, family is everything. They are what make my days better and easier. My tall, athletic, funny, and silly brother is someone that I can easily call my best friend. We have grown up together, laughed together, and cried together, and that is something that not everyone has, especially those who are only children. My beautiful, caring mother is someone that I have always gone to whenever I had a problem. Lastly, my dad is the man that holds our family together. He is kind, generous, and strong. Aside from my immediate family, my two beautiful cousins are the closest things that I have as sisters. I talk to them almost every day and we always have long, funny conversations. The family members that I have in my life are fantastic people!


Grammar Point

In the section above, I discussed my family and told you exactly why I could not live without them. The words that are bolded are words that I used to describe each member of my family. These words are commonly known as adjectives. An adjective is another word that is used to make a noun more specific. For example: The short boy. The tall woman. The pretty girl. The handsome man. All of the bolded words are used to describe the nouns that they are attached to.

Activity Time!

Activity 1.
Complete the following sentences by filling in the blanks with adjectives from the word bank.

1. The _______ boy had trouble reaching the top shelf.
2. Last night, John took Ally to a _______ movie. They couldn't stop laughing!
3. The ______ girl looked down at her short sister.
4. Bella was afraid that the ______ dog would bite her.
5. Jenna enjoyed her cup of _____ ices.
6. Anthony had to clean his _____ boots after walking through the mud.

Word Bank
Funny
Scary
Frozen
Tall
Short
Dirty

Activity 2.
Look at the following pictures and circle the adjective that describes it best.



a. Small
b. Spotted
c. Blue






a. Pretty
b. Tall
c. Yellow


a. Black
b. Boring
c. Cute




a. Delicious
b. Scary
c. Funny






Words to Know...

Delicious - Very tasty.
Generous - Kind/not selfish.
Immediate Family - Members of one's family, such as parents, grandparents, children, and siblings.
Intelligent - Very smart.
Discuss - To talk about.
Afraid - Scared.

Activity 3.
Fill in the following blanks with one of the words above from the "words to know" section.

1. My sister is a part of my ______.
2. There is no need to be ______ of the dark!
3. Jimmy always gets A's on his tests. He is a very ______ boy.
4. Anna always gives snacks to classmates that forget to bring lunch. She is a ______ person.
5. My mom makes ______ spaghetti and meatballs for dinner on Sundays. 
6. Katie didn't do such a great job on her test. Her parents would like to ______ her grades with her when she gets home from school.

Answer Keys
Activity 1.
1. Short
2. Funny
3. Tall
4. Scary
5. Frozen
6. Dirty

Activity 2.
1. b
2. c
3. c
4. a

Activity 3.
1. Immediate family
2. Afraid
3. Intelligent
4. Generous
5. Delicious
6. Discuss

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely entry on your family. And I like the way you integrated the adjective lesson into it.

    ReplyDelete